Saturday, January 24, 2004

It has been a long time since I last posted on this weblog, which most people don't know about anyway. I started a Beyond the Commons newsletter and got one issue out, but there is so much information flooding in that putting together a newsletter is a little unwieldy. Instead, what I am going to do is just keep this blog going with the same kinds of information (articles, calls for papers, conferences, and whatever else) and on the same sort of themes (enclosure and the commons, music and copyright, general intellectual property, Intellectual Property Absurdity Watch, ethnomusicology and other things). I hope to post regularly, at least three or four times a week. Apologies to those who expect a blog to be a lot more professional in appearance than this one - it's just text, no frills - and I am aware that there is a lot more that one can do with a weblog than I am doing. I do intend at some point to get hold of Blogger Pro and to improve the design of the page, but for the moment I will just persist regardless. So, little by little I will catch up with the information that I was intending to post over the last month or so since the first/last Beyond the Commons newsletter.